If you find yourself in the middle of a personal injury case in Waterbury and are experiencing difficulty making ends meet, our team of legal funding specialists at Tribeca has helped folks just like you. Contact us today to learn more and for a free application.
How to Find the Best Legal Funding in Waterbury
This is already a challenging time for you, so the last thing you need is a Waterbury legal funding company that does not have your best interest in mind. To make sure you avoid companies that cause delays in Waterbury pre-settlement funding or charge high rates or fees, we put together a few tips in finding a more reputable lawsuit loan company:
- Deceiving Rates: Lawsuit loan companies should be transparent and upfront about their interest rates. Be wary if they respond to your inquiries with vague answers or avoid them altogether.
- Deceiving Loan Amount: While pre-settlement funding in Waterbury can total upwards of $1 million, an ethical legal funding company will advise you to take out a loan for what you need to cut down on expenses down the road.
- Bad Customer Service: You should always be a lawsuit loan company’s first priority, which means every employee you interact with along this journey should follow best practice procedures when working with their clients. If they are not, move onto another company that will treat you with the respect you deserve.
Tribeca is ranked one of the best lawsuit loan companies in the country for a reason. We are here for you first and foremost.
How the Amount of Your Waterbury Lawsuit Loan Is Determined
First, it is important to understand that under Connecticut law, you have three years to file your lawsuit from the time of your accident. After that window of time, you may lose your right to sue for negligence.
If you are still within that window, the amount of your lawsuit loan depends on the potential of your lawsuit’s compensation package. The guideline in the state of Connecticut is modified comparative fault with a 51% maximum, meaning that if a defendant is uncollectable, damages may be spread among the remaining defendants to share the liability. The state’s minimum policy limits are:
- $25,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $50,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 property damage liability per accident
- $25,000 for uninsured or under-insured motorist coverage per person
- $50,000 for uninsured or under-insured motorist coverage per accident
Other Factors that Can Affect Your Waterbury Lawsuit Loan
We are lawsuit loan experts who have helped countless clients find financial support through lawsuit loans ranging anywhere from $500 to $1 million. These loans help pay for medical bills, lost wages, utility costs, and more within 24 hours of approval.
To determine the amount of your lawsuit loan, our legal funding specialists at Tribeca will also evaluate factors from the accident, such as:
- The projected value of your expected lawsuit settlement
- Comparable settlement amounts in similar cases
- The estimated length of time your lawsuit will take place
- Any possible issues related to fault or negligence
When all of the factors of your case are calculated, we will determine your maximum loan amount, but you do not have to take the max amount. Our experts recommend that our clients only take what they need, discussing all of the options out there for you. That includes the option, down the road if you wish, to take out an additional lawsuit loan; there is no set limit to the loans you can take out. Plaintiffs will often take a second or third loan on their case because of higher-than-normal medical bills, some unexpected bills, or they missed more time at work than they initially thought.
How to Apply for a Lawsuit Loan in Waterbury
Our team of legal funding specialists at Tribeca is here to help alleviate the pain and suffering you are going through during your personal injury lawsuit by finding the best way to give you financial aid. Because we know this is going to be a long fight – months, sometimes years.
Apply now at no cost to you and one of our team members will begin the process of talking through your case with your attorney to fill out your application and get the funds you deserve. If you have questions before you begin, call the Tribeca Lawsuit Loans office.