Whether you are in the middle of a lawsuit involving a breach of contract claim, patent violations, international arbitration, intellectual property dispute, or other corporate lawsuit cases, the commercial litigation process can take years before you get your rightful compensation. Part of this is that the legal system is slow by nature. But delay tactics are a common strategy intended to leverage your financial burdens to pressure you to settle for a mere fraction of your claim’s worth. Commercial litigation financing is your best defense.
Commercial litigation funding from Tribeca Lawsuit Loans enables corporate plaintiffs like you to access the funds from your future settlement to meet your current financial obligations while also empowering you to continue to fight for better compensation. In this way, commercial litigation loans benefit your investors, too. In addition, commercial lawsuit funding frees up the working capital you need to continue your expansion plans and conduct normal operations without interruption.
And, since Tribeca is invested in the successful outcome of your lawsuit, we often provide your attorney with case funding to pay for expert witnesses, case expenses, attorney fees, and other litigation expenses that strengthen your case.
Commercial Litigation Loans We Have Funded
Whether your fight is with a Fortune 500 corporation or a small mom-and-pop startup, you may qualify for third-party financing for your lawsuit. Tribeca Lawsuit Loans provides commercial litigation funding for lawsuits like:
- Qui Tam whistleblower cases
- Broken contract damage claims
- Disputes regarding intellectual property
- Bankruptcy litigation
- International Tort
- Partnership disputes
- Business and consumer fraud
- Commercial loan disputes
- Jones Act
Commercial lawsuit loans for these cases and more are obtainable from a top-rated commercial litigation funding company like Tribeca. If you are a plaintiff collecting compensation at the end of your lawsuit, you may qualify. We can process your commercial lawsuit loan application and deposit the money into your account in as little as 24 hours of signing the paperwork. Call our office at (866) 388-2288 for more information or answers to your questions.
To get started with the commercial lawsuit loan application process, just click the bright yellow “Apply Now” button at the top of the page or visit our application page. The application is quick, streamlined, and free.
What is Commercial Litigation Funding?
Corporate lawsuits can take months or even years to be resolved. As your commercial case makes its way through the court system, your business may face mounting expenses, including:
- Warehouse or facility upkeep
- Seasonal inventory
- Rent payments for your business property
- Purchase of new equipment
- Expenses caused by the initial dispute
- Litigation costs like expert witnesses or lawyer fees needed to prove your case
Commercial litigation funding can offset the defense attorney’s stall tactics by giving you access to your future settlement now. The funding can pay any of these business expenses without limitations. The money is yours to use as you see fit.
As lawsuits tend to add financial pressure on business operations, any delays make you vulnerable to settling for less money than you deserve. A commercial litigation loan can offer a break from the financial pressure, equipping you to fight for just compensation.
While a commercial litigation loan is a loan, it is unlike conventional personal or business loans. Neither your business nor personal finances or assets are at risk. Commercial lawsuit funding is a non-recourse loan that can be paid back solely from the successful settlement of your lawsuit. If you lose your case, you do not have to repay the loan.
Commercial litigation funding is essentially a cash advance on your future settlement.
What is a Non-Recourse Loan?
Taking on additional debt while in the middle of a lengthy lawsuit may worsen a stressful situation, but a commercial litigation loan from Tribeca Lawsuit Loans is very different from a typical business loan. We offer only non-recourse loans that can be repaid solely with your future settlement. A non-recourse loan means that we, your lender, have no recourse to seek repayment from any other source than the lawsuit settlement.
Your income, property, and assets, either personal or business, cannot be attached to repay your non-recourse loan.
The agreed-upon commercial lawsuit loan repayment comes only from the settlement or jury award when your case resolves. That means:
- No monthly payments
- No credit check necessary
- No financial vulnerability
- No repayment beyond the settlement amount
Non-recourse commercial litigation funding is risk-free for your business, meaning that the most we can take as payment is the agreed-upon portion of your eventual settlement. To reiterate, you owe us nothing if you lose your case!
Why Apply for a Commercial Lawsuit Loan?
Businesses can benefit from commercial lawsuit loans in several ways:
- Legal Expenses and Freed Assets – Some companies use commercial litigation funding to pay for their lawsuits and associated expenses rather than dedicate resources that could be used for other purposes. Your business can stay afloat even as you fight for justice.
- Operating Costs – A commercial lawsuit loan becomes your money the minute you are approved, and it is deposited into your business account. You can use it however you need, including business expenses, facility maintenance or improvements, expansion, and payroll.
- Positive Account Benefit – Move commercial litigation expenses off your corporate balance sheets for a healthier bottom line. Commercial lawsuit funding is treated as a nonrecurring extraordinary financial product.
- Pursue Complicated Cases – Some cases involve far more complexity and require more expenses to litigate than others. With commercial litigation funding, you’ll have the resources to get the answers you need, no matter how difficult the questions are.
- Choose the Best Legal Team – Commercial litigation is expensive, with costs piling up quickly. Attorneys’ fees, depositions, consultants, research, motions, expert witnesses, motions, appeals, and more can make the costs prohibitive without commercial legal financing.
- Lowered Risk – A non-recourse commercial litigation loan from Tribeca allows you to avoid the risk of heavy losses while pursuing justice. Repayment of your legal funding comes directly from the settlement or compensation package in your case, so it never infringes on your company’s bank account.
- Strengthen Negotiating Position – With third-party commercial litigation funding, you will be able to withstand the defense’s stall tactics and hold out for the total compensation package that is due.
Because we accept all the risks in commercial litigation funding, our underwriters conduct due diligence when evaluating your case and application. As a result, only the strongest cases get funded. Defense attorneys and insurance companies understand this and must negotiate from a weaker position.
Don’t let your company suffer while you pursue a fair resolution to your lawsuit. With commercial litigation funding from a reputable lending company, you can fight for the best settlement for your business.
How Much Does Commercial Litigation Funding Cost?
Commercial lawsuits for broken contracts, intellectual property disputes, bankruptcy litigation, whistleblower claims, and more vary widely in fact patterns, damages, and complexity. These factors play a significant role in determining how much commercial litigation funding you qualify for and the overall cost. Therefore, we cannot estimate these dollar amounts until we review your case.
However, we can assure you that Tribeca is one of the very best commercial litigation funding companies in the U.S. Unlike predatory lending companies, we do not charge a high, compounding interest rate that will eat up your settlement. Tribeca Lawsuit Loans:
- Charges a simple, non-compounding interest rate
- Details all costs upfront
- Answers all your questions by a member of our team
We will process your commercial lawsuit loan application and get your money to you as soon as possible — often within 24 hours.
How Much Money Can You Get With Commercial Litigation Financing?
Commercial litigation funding comes from your expected lawsuit settlement. It works essentially as a cash advance on what the legal lender anticipates the value of your case to be. Thus, the size of your commercial lawsuit loan will depend entirely on factors relating to your case, including:
- The strength of your claims
- The total damages your business has suffered
- The expected settlement amount
Though the amount of commercial litigation funding you receive depends on all the factors involved in your lawsuit, our loans are typically for 10% -20% of the anticipated settlement for your case. Tribeca has provided clients with up to $5 million in the past.
Commercial Litigation Financing Available at Any Stage
Commercial litigation can be a big, unruly, and complicated beast, with unanticipated twists and turns that can have an enormous impact on the expense of the proceedings. You may have earmarked plenty of funds to pursue your case, only to have the original estimates come up short.
Tribeca Lawsuit Loans provides commercial litigation funding at any stage of your legal proceedings:
- Pre-Trial – Many corporate clients appreciate the benefit of the inside information our expert underwriters provide. We do our due diligence to determine the strength of your case, the likelihood of your success, and the parameters of the probable compensation.
- During Trial – Don’t fall short of the funds to pay for consultations, analysis, or expert witnesses your attorney needs to prove your case. We know time is not on your side. Our commercial litigation loans can be funded quickly to keep your case moving forward.
- Appeal – Once you win your case, you’d expect the financial pressure to ease. Unfortunately, appeals can drag out, and expenses continue to mount. If your company needs commercial litigation funding to meet the costs during the appeal, we can help.
And, in the rare case where the defendant resists paying after the final judgment, Tribeca will fund collections enforcement.
Choosing the Best Commercial Litigation Funding Company
The legal lending industry is largely unregulated. Tribeca Lawsuit Loans is a top-rated commercial litigation funding company. Still, plenty of predatory lending companies out there will drain your entire settlement if you work with them. Protect yourself when choosing a pre-settlement funding company with these precautions:
- First, be certain the commercial litigation loan company works with clients in your state. Every state has its own laws, and many companies avoid certain states, particularly those with at-fault insurance.
- Next, read the company’s client reviews.
- Finally, only work with a lending company that charges simple, non-compounding interest. Even a low interest rate that compounds will quickly run through your settlement.
You need a commercial litigation funding company you can trust. The right company will welcome your questions and be completely transparent about their interest rates and procedures. Tribeca Lawsuit Loans has earned a 4.5/5 star rating from our clients — a testament to our commitment to your satisfaction.
How to Get Commercial Litigation Funding
If your business has been damaged and is a party to an existing commercial lawsuit, you likely will qualify for commercial litigation funding. Our process is straightforward:
- You apply – Click the bright yellow “Apply Now” button at the top of the page. Answer a few questions about your case, the type of lawsuit, the state the suit is filed in, as well as your attorney’s contact information.
- We evaluate – Our team of underwriters performs due diligence in researching your case and consulting your attorney to determine the amount of commercial litigation funding we can offer.
- You get your money – Once your loan is approved and all the documents have been signed, we’ll get your money to you as quickly as possible. After approval, you can expect the funds in your bank account in as little as 24 hours.
We Work With Your Litigation Attorney
At Tribeca Lawsuit Loans, we work directly with your litigation attorney to get you the commercial litigation funding you need to win the maximum settlement for your case. We consider our relationship with your law firm essential to the successful outcome of your case.
The first step to securing your commercial litigation loan is getting your lawyer’s approval. Once your legal team agrees to receive legal funding, and get all the documents signed, we can fund your loan. If your attorney objects to or has questions about commercial lawsuit funding, we will work to come to an agreement with your representation.
To make you a commercial litigation financing offer, we will first need to review the details of your case and your chances of winning. We will contact your legal team, and, with your consent, they will bring us up to speed. Although we will be keenly interested in the progress of your lawsuit, we will not take an active role or attempt to influence your attorney in any way.
Repaying Your Commercial Lawsuit Loan
Once the litigation is over, you will be awarded compensation or lose your claim. If you lose, you won’t owe us a dime. If you win, your attorney will simply write us a check for the agreed-upon portion of your settlement or award. Then, after their attorney’s fees, you keep the rest!
Apply for FREE to Get Your Commercial Litigation Legal Funding
Are you in the middle of a business-related lawsuit? Then, apply for commercial litigation funding from Tribeca Lawsuit Loans to get a sizable amount of money in your bank account in as little as 24 hours following your approval. We have the resources to help you meet your needs while you pursue your lawsuit.
Just click the bright yellow Apply Now button at the top of the page to fill out the FREE application, or call our office at (866) 388-2288 to speak with one of our team members. Don’t let a legal dispute burden your business with unnecessary financial strain. The money you need is waiting for you!
Commercial Litigation Funding FAQs
What is Commercial Litigation Funding?
Commercial litigation funding provides plaintiffs with early access to their future compensation. This financing enables the litigant to pay their bills while the lengthy negotiation process continues. A non-recourse loan uses the lawsuit’s future compensation as collateral and acts like a cash advance on that settlement. Commercial legal financing levels the playing field between wealthy corporations and smaller businesses in litigation.
What is commercial litigation vs. civil litigation?
Civil litigation is the process whereby an individual can sue another individual or a corporation for compensatory damages over an injury done. This is not a criminal trial. Instead, financial compensation is on the line. Commercial litigation is similar to civil litigation, except the plaintiff is a business enterprise rather than an individual.
Like civil litigation, commercial litigation is a lengthy and expensive process. That’s why legal funding is available for both types of lawsuits, providing the financial wherewithal for plaintiffs to see their case through to just compensation.
How long does a commercial lawsuit take?
A commercial lawsuit is a lengthy process. California has a fast-track rule requiring a commercial case to go to trial within five years. If five years is considered “fast” progress in one part of the country, it’s no surprise that commercial litigation often takes up to 10 (or more) years in others.
The slow progress of corporate lawsuits is one reason commercial litigation funding is essential for many plaintiffs. The financing acts as a cash advance on the future settlement, enabling the litigant to pay their bills while their law firm works to secure the appropriate compensation.
Do I have to use commercial litigation loans for litigation costs?
No. The term “commercial litigation loan” refers to the source of the money for the loan, not how the money can be used. The future compensation for the lawsuit serves as the collateral for the loan. The funding may be used to cover payroll, operating costs, purchase of new equipment, inventory, or any business expense.
Won’t sharing case details with a funder expose our confidential information to discovery?
Neither your legal team nor a responsible commercial litigation financing lender will risk compromising your case or the privacy of your information. Both attorney-client privilege and the work product doctrine extend protection of the client’s confidential information to third parties without compromising these protections.
Will the commercial litigation funding lender assume control of the case?
Absolutely not. Put simply, commercial litigation funding is a business that makes money when the client wins their case. Therefore, the lender will not interfere with the legal team’s case. However, they may provide additional funding for litigation expenses your legal team deems important for strengthening the case.
How long will due diligence and funding take for commercial litigation loans?
When you apply for a commercial litigation loan, underwriters immediately contact your legal team to evaluate the state and strength of your case. Most litigation lenders act quickly to be able to deposit the funds from your loan within 24-48 hours of completing your application and approval.