If you are the plaintiff in a lawsuit in New York, and the case is dragging on, your finances will grow tight while the bills mount. Pre-settlement funding can give you access to your future compensation to pay bills and make ends meet. In addition, litigation funding empowers cash-strapped litigants to see their lawsuits through to a just conclusion. There is no credit check, and you can have funds deposited into your account in just a few days. Litigation funding in New York can be a boon to plaintiffs, helping them to secure a better settlement while providing immediate financial relief. However, choosing the right lawsuit loan company to work with is essential.
While legal funding has proven tremendously valuable to litigants across the nation, some lending companies are better than others. The primary concern is that some legal lending companies are not ethical. They employ predatory lending practices like hidden fees, compounding interest, and so-called “fixed fees” that will eat right through your entire compensation package. Fortunately, there are several highly reputable lawsuit loan companies to choose from, and we have developed some tools to help you to find them:
- First, explore the top questions you should ask when contacting legal lenders.
- Next, learn how to get the best deal on a lawsuit loan.
- Finally, review our guide to the best pre-settlement loan companies in the nation.
At Tribeca Lawsuit Loans, we know all about what it takes to provide the best litigation funding in New York. The resources listed above will help you find good, reputable legal lenders who are invested in your welfare. Now, let’s see what else to look for in litigation companies.
What to Expect From the Best Litigation Funding Companies
Once you have identified an ethical legal lender, these are the qualities you should be looking for with New York litigation funding:
- Clients are put first. The best litigation funding companies put the client first — not the personal injury attorney, not their own investors, but the client. You should receive regular updates on the state of your loan, and your questions should be answered honestly, fully, and thoughtfully.
- All financial issues should be made clear. Lending rates, terms, payoff tables, and similar terms can be confusing. A quality legal lender will explain and detail all financial issues clearly and completely. You have a right to understand what will happen with your money and case, so accept nothing less.
- All interest rates should be simple and non-compounding. The best litigation funding in New York will strive to provide sufficient funding so you can meet your needs while leaving as much of your compensation for your use once the case finally settles. This requires low, simple interest rates.
- Lawsuit loans should be non-recourse. The only lawsuit loan you should consider is one structured as a non-recourse loan. With a non-recourse loan, your future compensation serves as the collateral on the loan. There is no need for a credit check, and your personal finances are at no risk. If you lose the case, you don’t pay!
- Communication lines are open and clear. When you contact a New York litigation funding company, you should be answered by a courteous and knowledgeable representative of the lender. You should not be dealing with a call center. You will have a specific associate assigned to your case responsible for handling your needs.
How to Choose Legal Funding in New York?
When selecting a company for legal funding in New York, be sure to consider the following before making your decision:
- Ethics and reputation. Hands down, a reputable firm committed to ethical lending practices is the most crucial consideration when looking for litigation funding in New York or anywhere else. There is no viable substitute. If the lender is not open, honest, and committed to ethical practices — do not proceed.
- Experience. Once you’ve found legal lenders with impeccable ethics, look for specific case experience to choose the best litigation funding in New York. Experience with your type of civil suit enables your legal lender to better assist your attorney throughout the case and anticipate the areas where they can provide support.
- Location: Make sure the company is based in The Empire State. The location of the home office is not as critical as the level of experience in your lawsuit’s niche, but it does benefit your cause. Just as you hired a New York attorney for their knowledge and expertise in NY state law, the same applies to litigation financing. The laws and regulations surrounding lawsuit loans vary by state. For the best litigation funding in New York, look for one based in your home state.
Why Choose Tribeca Lawsuit Loans for New York Litigation Funding?
Tribeca Lawsuit Loans is dedicated to making civil justice more accessible by providing litigation funding throughout the US. Our commitment to ethical lending practices and putting the client at the center of everything we do is well borne out by our client reviews. We have vast experience with a broad range of civil injury cases. Further, we are headquartered along the East River at 77 Water Street 8th FL, New York, NY 10005.
We would be honored to support you in your fight for justice!
New York Litigation Funding for Many Cases
Tribeca Lawsuit Loans provides litigation funding in New York for a broad range of civil cases, including the following:
Motor Vehicle Accident Lawsuit Loans
From car accidents to tractor-trailer accidents and more, Tribeca funds motor vehicle accident lawsuits where driver, passenger, pedestrian, bicyclist, or bystander has been damaged.
Slip and Fall Lawsuit Loans
Slip and fall lawsuits are common and range from simple to complex. Typically, the defendant is a well-funded company with the incentive to stall the legal negotiations process.
Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Loans
Medical malpractice lawsuits can be particularly painful because the plaintiff often faces ongoing medical care costs that can be staggering. Tribeca provides the funding you need to get the necessary care regardless of the stall tactics employed by the defense.
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawsuit Loans
We have worked on behalf of a number of clients with traumatic brain injury lawsuits. We provide the litigation finding needed for plaintiffs to secure compensation for ongoing medical care.
Wrongful Death Lawsuit Loans
A wrongful death lawsuit not only provides the litigant with financial compensation but can pressure policy changes required to prevent such tragic loss in the future.
Wrongful Termination Lawsuit Loans
Even in “at-will employment” states like New York, employees have rights. For example, while an employer may fire you for no reason, if you are fired for an unlawful reason, a wrongful termination lawsuit can make you financially whole.
Workers’ Compensation Lawsuit Loans
If you are injured on the job, you are entitled to workers’ compensation without retaliation from your employer. If you need to file a workers’ compensation lawsuit, Tribeca will provide the New York litigation funding you need to fight for your just compensation.
Wrongful Imprisonment Lawsuit Loans
At Tribeca, we have been honored to assist several people in reclaiming their lives through a wrongful imprisonment lawsuit loan. The litigation financing we have provided has been used to start businesses, support families, and aid others who have also been wrongfully imprisoned.
Commercial Lawsuit Loans
Individuals are not our only clients. We also provide commercial lawsuit funding that can be used to level the playing field in disputes between two or more companies.
For the Best Litigation Funding in New York, Call Tribeca Today!
At Tribeca Lawsuit Loans, we provide the best litigation funding in New York. We have the ethics, experience, and commitment to your needs you can rely on. We can provide you with a cash advance of $500 – $2 million on your future compensation so you can pay your bills today. In addition, we can have your money deposited into your account within 24 hours of signing the loan documents!